[TechAssist] Re: Quasar Console Model TU9818CP. Vertical circuit, (open) main fuse.

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 00:46:57 -0500

I actually had a Quasar with no vertical, after replacing the IC and caps it
still had no vertical.....but when I unplugged the CRT board from the CRT,
suddenly the vertical output signal was present. Next test was the "cold"
Crt test.....reattached the Crt board while monitoring the Vert Signal, when
cold the vertical was present until the heaters warmed up and voila....the
vert signal dropped out. Don't know why, but when the CRTs die they shut
down the vertical output on this model.
So be careful about the vertical IC you replaced, maybe disconnect the Crt
board and see what happens.

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN