[TechAssist] Re: Quasar Console Model TU9818CP. Vertical circuit, open main fuse

  • From: mebonnell@xxxxxxxxx (Old TV Man)
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 21:12:56 -0500

I have the manuaL. I will scan it to you in the morning.

Max Bonnell
Bonnell
TV
Robinson, IL

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
RobinsonElectronics@xxxxxxxxxxx(Robinson=A0Electronics) Date: Sun, Apr
3, 2005, 9:50pm (CDT+1) To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject:
[TechAssist] Quasar Console Model TU9818CP. Vertical circuit, (open)
main fuse. Reply=A0to: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Does anyone have a pdf. manual for this model, to share? I never worked
on this old of a set, great condition. I have one here with a perfect
cabnet, trying to repair. This set had a open main fuse, checked the
circuit board, could not find any faults, except some cold solder
connections. Originally had the vertical AN5521 ic replaced a few years
back, thought it may be bad (did not check shorted) so I replaced it
with, I thought was a good used one, when I replaced it and another
fuse. Set powered on with h.v., but no video or sound. When G2 turned
up- had a line across the middle. Looks like I replaced it with a bad
vert ic? But not sure about the no sound, unless video & sound muted? I
put the original IC back in it, and when powered on blew the fuse out.
So it looks like I do have a bad IC. (Got some new ones ordered). Can
any of you Tech. familiar with this model help me on this repair? Or a
service manual to share?
Rbinson Electronics
1075 Sweeten Creek Road
Asheville, NC 28803