[TechAssist] Re: Quasar 27" TV - YAMRD204C - Vertical Distortion Top of Screen

  • From: "David Lessard" <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 19:22:36 -0400

5" missing video on top of screen that "was" pulsating up and down is
gone; C559 220/35 reading 42 was the bad guy. I still have an inch or so
of vertical distortion (pulling to the left) at the top of the screen.
Also 1/3 of the screen seems to be brighter (flickering also) then the
rest of the screen which has a stable image. Now to find the bad cap,
changed seven now and I still haven't found it. Any ideas?

David Lessard
Mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Alexandria, Ontario, Canada