[TechAssist] Re: Philips 25F8 Chassis, Dead Set

  • From: MHardin665@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:09:01 EDT

Art;
       I have just completed a fix on the 25F8 with a similar symptom. The
culprit was an orange epoxy capacitor behind IFT, viewing from rear of chassis.
Location # 2457
390n 250v between 5 watt standup resistor and horizontal coil. It probabaly
will be swollen and bulging or cracked. Anode voltage would reach only 10kv and
then shutdown.
Marvin,
Martronics,
Armuchee, Ga.
In a message dated 8/11/03 10:42:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
abevilac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Subj: [TechAssist] Philips 25F8 Chassis, Dead Set
>  Date: 8/11/03 10:42:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time
>  From: <A HREF="mailto:abevilac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>abevilac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>
>  To: <A HREF="mailto:techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>
>  Sent from the Internet
>

> This set exhibits some activity during turn on (pulse of voltage at =
> outputs
> of scan derived supply) but quickly shuts down. High voltage never comes =
> up,
> but the 130 volt supply at the Horiz Output Transistor is good.
>
> We've replaced the vertical IC (with an OEM) because with that out of =
> the
> circuit, voltages all come up further and the degauss relay clicks, but =
> that
> didn't solve anything. Resistors and diodes in vertical section all =
> check
> OK.
>
> There is a manual in the download area, but the troubleshooting =
> flowchart
> pages are clipped off on the left side.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion for this one, or readable troubleshooting
> flowcharts?
>
> Thanks, Art.
>
> Art Bevilacqua
> Essex Radio and TV