[TechAssist] Panasonid PT-46G40U AREDP809 (P1 chassis?, 1996) RPTV intermittent shutdown, lockup

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 11:07:44 -0400

This one will run fine for a couple of days then start turning off.  When it
turns off you have to unplug the power to reset and it comes up fine.  I can
detect no problems when it is running, supplies seem clean and stable, clock
and data seem normal and clean.  I did find a couple of caps (c856 100uF
35v, c814 100uF 25v) that were off value in the PS and tested nearly all of
the electrolytics.  Been over the boards for bad solder joints and tried
heat/cool to locate the problem. The one thing that I note is that when it
is plugged in and not running for a while then turned on it is more likely
to shut down than if it has just been plugged in recently.  I suspect a
capacitor or a reset problem.

Does anyone have a history on this set or a schematic of the reset/micro
area that you can fax me?  The tips on the Panasonic site were not much
help.

BTW, I apologize for the bitch posted to the list on the "Remove " topic.
It should have gone directly to Doug or Jay and not to the whole list.
IARWEOMF (I accept reprimand with egg on my face).

Leonard G. Caillouet
Electronics World
Gainesville, FL
352-332-5608