[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic TV Model # CT-35G25B Excessive Brightness

  • From: MDileo0000@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:07:36 EST

    The customer told me the set suddenly went from
normal picture to excessive brightness, out of focus,
but does not have retrace lines. Turning the screens
down all the way and adjusting the focus helped but
picture was still a little too bright and out of
focus. Anyone have any ideas?

                         Thanks Bill
Check for shorted or open cap(s) on the crt board. I also had one that was
missing a cap and resistor to the crt control grid. Both conditions gave the
impression of a bad crt.

Dominic DiLeo
Atlantic TV
Freeport, Maine