[TechAssist] Panasonic Part Supplier other than Tritronics

  • From: Al Gutz <alg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tech assist <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 22:56:20 -0400

Looking for a Panasonic distributor pref located in North East or
Central area.
Tritronics doesn't workout too well for international orders.

1. They do not accept Visa in international orders, have to either send
them a cheque or money order. (Odd Visa ads claim good as cash anywhere
in the world)

2 They will not ship by mail, claim they cannot trace the order if it's
lost. If I use Feexex or UPS they charge $30 to clear customs. The post
office only charges $5. Add the 30 plus the extra shipping charges for
courrier I end up paying more than the cost of the part.

Panasonic in Canada has a distributor to supply parts for non ASC but
these guys charge a full inflated suggested retail price wether you are
a service shop or someone off the street.

Al G
Al's TV-Electronics
Pembroke ONt.
Canada