[TechAssist] One last plea...Orion TV2501..press power, retrace, then shuts off.

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:08:59 -0400

This unit came in with no picture. I checked the G2 on the CRT board....0. When
I pulled the G2 lead to
check the voltage, it wasn't present, when I replaced the lead, the set started
to work and has worked
ever since.
Only problem now, is when I press power, there is retrace lines momentarily,
less than a second, before
the set shuts down.
The only thing I can catch, is the RGB cathodes drop to 20vdc, then to 40vdc
which is where they stay for
standby.
G2 acts no differently..until the power is gone. I've checked components in the
ABL circuit thinking the
problem may be there and they check OK.
I'm ready to send this set home the way it is, unless someone gives me one last
hope, here....thank you.

Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video TV/VCR
263 S Front St