[TechAssist] Re: OT Any treadmill experts out there?

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 17:35:01 -0800

It sounds like the motor has lost its torque.  If the P/S is good then
you most likely have a bad motor.  Another possibility is the belt that
you walk on could have too much friction, slowing it down.  More than
likely, though it is your motor.

I had one that had a bad motor that could have gone on its own, or could
have been stressed by the belt, which also could have damaged the
control board.  I never did repair it because the parts were too
expensive to just start putting new parts in from the US.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx