[TechAssist] Re: OT Any treadmill experts out there?

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 01:21:51 -0500

I have only repaired one treadmill in my shop, and I made over $200.00
on the repair. I can't remember the exact symptom, but it was something
such as the motor having no torque. Anyhow, all I did was order a new
motor control board from a supplier in Montreal for about $50.00 CDN
(found a lot of suppliers on the net  for exercise equipment parts, by
the way) and charged the customer about $300.00 to do the repair. He was
very happy that he didn't have to go out and spend $800.00 on a new
treadmill.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada