[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi projection model VS5052- convergence

  • From: peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 08:49:38 -0600

From winStips
1. Convergence Will Not Adjust Properly.Check For Leaky Or Shorted Q8f04
Located On The Signal-Pcb. Pt#260p651010.
2. Blue Bows On The Left And Right Sides.Check For Shorted Or Leaky Q8f02
(Pt#260p560040) And Q8f03 (Pt#260p386010).Located On The Signal-Pcb.
3. Blue Jitter Occurs Mainly In The Corners.Check For Shorted Q8f02,Located
On The Signal-Pcb. Pt#260p560040
4. 1994 model VZ2 chassis. These models are the same: VS4541, -4542, 5041,
5042 -6041, 4551, 4552, 5051, 5052, 5055, and VS6051.
Press Menu, then 2 3 5 9 in that order, that will get you into the
convergence menu.
* Video selects the adjustment,
* Enter selects Red or Blue Adjust
* The adjust UP/DOWN buttons actually do the actual adjustment
* Pressing Menu twice will get you back to a normal picture and I believe
it automatically saves it.

Look for Black Capacitors with one lead 'blackened',these caps leak
when they go bad

Peggs

At 11:10 PM 11/11/02 EST, Ttkirkpat@xxxxxxx wrote:

>I actually have 2 of these models at the same time.  On one the red
>horizontal adjust has no effect for center convergence, red vertical is fine
>as are the blue adjustments. I replaced the ic's twice with no change.
>Suggestions??
>On the second set the red vertical is down on the left and tilted up on the
>right however red horizontal and vertical do adjust to center over the blue
>and green. I changed the red ic twice with no improvement. I also
substituted
>the  digital convergence module with no change.  Thank you for the right
>answers to my questions. Mike at the Video Center. My e-mail is
>ttkirkpat@xxxxxxx
>To REMOVE your email address, click here:
>  http://www.tech-assist.org/unsubb.html
>To CHANGE your email address, click here:
>  http://www.techassist.net/forms/change.html
>***NEW*** Tips Added Instantly!!!***
>Submit Repair Tips here:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/