[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi VS60603- 6" vert no video

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 16:17:56 -0500

Tony,

If you will include your fax number I will send you a copy on Monday.  These
are hard copies, not in electronic form.

You might not need it, however.  I have done many of these sets with coolant
leaks, infact have two in the shop right now of this chassis.  Every one
that I have fixed has been repaired by fixing bad feed-through grommets.
There is not much to do other than check the continuity of every one in the
vicinity of the leak and solder a piece of fine wire on both sides through
the hole.  Every one that I thought had bad components got fixed with the
feed throughs.  Very tedious and time consuming to find them, but it always
seems to fix them.  Be sure to run the set for a good while on test, as some
problems don't show up for a while.  I have found that running the boards
through the dishwasher a couple of times is the best way to be sure that all
of the coolant is off.

You can assure no future leaks with two pieces of 1" angle molding about a
foot long wire tied to the spring loaded screws that hold the lens frame to
the CRTs.  It works great to channel any coolant from either the green and
red or the green and blue to the area in front of the boards.

Leonard Caillouet
Electronics World
1261 NW 76 Blvd
Gainesville, FL 32606