[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi VS50501A (VZ4 chassis) intermittently goes dark then back to normal

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 03:24:14 -0500

I would not recommend tasting as a test for coolant leakage.  Ethylene
glycol is toxic and can cause heart and kidney problems.  In the very small
amounts you are exposing yourself to it may not be a problem, but why
introduce toxins unnecessarily.  We are exposed to enough already.  IIRC the
federal guideline for the limit for drinking water is 7000 micrograms per
liter.  It is broken down in the environment in a few days by common
bacteria, but who knows what happens in the body.

Leonard Caillouet
Electronics World
1261 NW 76 Blvd
Gainesville, FL 32606