[TechAssist] Re: BK Precision CRT Analyzer adaptors question

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:52:37 -0800

The old adapter that you use should have these colors in this order from
left to right:

Row 1:  Red, brown, black
Row 2:  Yellow with red stripe, blue, green
Row 3:  White with red stripe, yellow w/blue stripe, yellow with green
Row 4:  White, white with blue stripe, white with green stripe

IF YOUR ADAPTERS ARE NOT THE SAME AS MINE, THEN THIS WILL NOT WORK.

That said, in truly layman's terms using a Sony socket from a scrap set:

Pin     Wire Color from adapter         Function

3       White w/green stripe            G2
4       Red                                     G1
5       Black                                   Heater
6       Brown                                   Heater
7       Green                                   G1
8       Yellow w/blue stripe            Blue gun
9       Yellow w/green stripe           Green gun
10      Yellow w/red stripe             Red gun
11      Blue                                    G1

If your Sony socket is numbered differently, just use the heater pins as
your anchor point to get the other colors right.

I didn't connect the focus pin because I don't ever remember using that
test.  Focus is the white wire if you want to connect it.

I made up my own universal adapter years ago using a known adapter and
CRT PCB that had all the pins marked.  I then used that one as a model
to make up the Sony adapter and any other adapters that I need.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx