[TechAssist] Mitsibishi VSA50 "convergence?"

  • From: "Wayne Vanaman" <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:47:09 -0600

I have a Mitsibishi VSA50 HD PTV that looks as if it has a convergence
problem.  I have
the manual, replaced the convergence ICs.  I don't know how to explain what
I see..  It looks as if the lines/dots are crawling, like waveforms out of
phase, or a lissajous pattern.

Here are two pictures:

www.pensacolatvrepair.com/images/IMAG0036.JPG 327K  Window Circle.

www.pensacolatvrepair.com/images/IMAG0038.JPG 517K  Crosshatch

The video output on the back is good, this anomoly is in all modes, all
inputs, cable, video, HD, everywhere.
I thought the waveforms might be power supply ripple, but the power supplies
all seem to be good.  Scopeing the vertical or horizontal while syncing to
the generator looks as if the set is in sync vertical and horizontal.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr
Pensacola, Fl.  32506-3310