[TechAssist] Re: Membership

  • From: George Winters <littletiger67@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 10:35:47 -0700 (PDT)

Howdy Al,
 I guess your speaking to me about having a full time job in the industry after
graduating from college with a degree in Electronics Technology. Working part
time out of my home and for other shops in Missouri then to accumlate on the
job knowledge and bench work experience. I also work a full time job while
going to college to get my education working  8hrs. a day in a sweat shop
factory, studying for final examines all night without sleep and going to work
all day in a factory the next day. The US Army help pay for my education which
I used to further my education, after serving this Great Nation of are in one
war. I"ve made service calls during my life in the coldest nights of the winter
to keep a family furnace running when no other servicer would go out to repair
a unit, I've done work that other technicians didn't want to do so they gave it
to me, I always ran my  home shop for 29 years doing jobs that others business
didn't want to do. AFTER ALL I HAD A FULL TIME JOB. I never took work away from
my local shops in my area, now that I run a full time electronic shop. I still
don't do any TV repair so the two last tv shop in my home town will get that
business and I send my costumer to there shop. Which in return they sent me all
the camcorder work and anything else they don't want to work on. I run a very
diverse shop if  its not a tv set I'll try my best to repair it. I'm now retire
from 29 years in the industry and have for the last year run my own shop
fulltime out of a commerial building on the main by-pass of our town. I don't
draw a fat retire check and carry any company benefit. So my business has to
support me and my family. I wouldn't have the experience or knowledge I have
today, without the part-time business experience I gain thru the past years. So
if your pointing your finger at me remember there three pointing back at you,
unless you were born with all the knowledge of electronics in your mind. I live
and work in Tennessee now and my address , phone number , is listed at bottom
of this email call me lets talk.

  AL LEATHERMAN <alleathe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Grammar is fine Ron! Hope you have good insurance to keep those meds coming.
Hang in there. al

Al's TV
224 Rt. 46
Mine Hill, NJ. 07803