[TechAssist] Re: MIT PTV VS-5007R

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:16:27 -0400

Use a CRT isolation transformer.  They are inexpensive and available from
most suppliers.  While there is generally no problem with winding the FBT, I
find it to be an unnecessary risk and more trouble.  Also, on a projection
set, you may want to verify the voltage at the filaments to assure that it
is the same on all the CRTs.  The filaments are in parallel in this set so
there is no need to isolate all three tubes, and the voltage should remain
pretty close if you use the 1-1 winding on the transformer, but I'd check it
anyway.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World