[TechAssist] Re: JVC TV AV-32D200

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 19:10:25 +0000

In many of that series there is a 75v zener diode on the output of the
vertical ic. Appears to be there to protect the yoke. I have had them short
before on a simmilar JVC and kill the vertical IC.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "teltek3" <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] JVC TV AV-32D200
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 12:25:00 -0400

      I am inquiring for another Service shop,..
His original complaint was Power up, shuts back down in about 20 seconds. I
suggested for him to check the vertical, and of course the Vertical O/P IC
was shorted. He replaced it, then had a raster for about 2 minutes, and
Vertical O/P shorted again. I asked him if he had changed any caps in the
vertical and he said he had changed 4. If he disconnects the vertical
connection on the Yoke it will not shut down. I supected yoke, but
apparently although not epoxied on, yoke and CRT are listed under one Part
Number. Has anyone had problems with taking out Vertical O/P IC shortly
after turn on. He claims he has a full vetical raster while the set is
running.

-Ed-
Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada