[TechAssist] JVC TV AV2749S, anode HV level at 30kV- too high?

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:29:03 -0400

I have this JVC TV, model JVC TV AV2749S in the shop. I had to change
the yoke because it was burnt. I used a 27" yoke that physically looked
exactly the same except for the connectors so I switched the connectors
over from bad yoke. The geometry of the picture looks fine except that
the picture is too wide (by about an inch or more). I have no way of
knowing if it is this yoke causing this, or if the problem existed
before and possibly even caused the original yoke to fail.

Here is the data I can provide:

-HOT collector waveform : 1200V p-p -perfect looking (no blips)

-HV anode: 30kV at zero beam current

-regulated B+ at output of STR30130 regulator: 130.1 Vdc

- temperature of HOT heatsink after 1 hour run,
taken directly above the HOT case: 44 deg. C (119 deg. F)

- temp of B+ reg. heatsink after 1 hour run: 55 deg. C (130 deg. F)

- if I change C525, 0.0062uF 1600V at HOT collector to a 0.0051uF, the
picture narrows by approx. 1 inch but the HOT collector waveform rises
to 1250V p-p and the HV anode level goes to 31kV. The heatsink
temperatures stay approx. the same.

The main question I have: Is 30kV or even 31kV too high to safely run
this set at? I'd like to get it closed up and outa here. Any opinions,
please.
--

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics