[TechAssist] Re: JVC TV AV2749S, yoke arcing at CRT neck [UPDATE 2]

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 09:58:43 -0400

I have test run this set now, and after an hour's run, the HOT heatsink
is at 44 deg. C and the regulator heatsink is at 55 deg. C. This is with
either the original 0.0062 uF cap installed, or my 0.0051uF. With the
original cap, the anode HV runs at 30kV zero beam current, and with the
0.0051 cap installed, the HV runs at 31kV.

To me it seems 30kV is a bit high for a 27" tube. Is not 28kV more the
morm? The label on the CRT doesn't state the level it should be at. All
it says to not exceed the max. level.

Can anyone tell me what the actual HV anode voltage should be on this
set, and what I can do to lower it? I will post this question in a new
thread also for those who haven't been following this thread.

Thanks for any help.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984
email: gary (at) number63.ca

My previous update message:

George, I tried a 0.0051 1600V and the picture narrowed by about 3/4"
but the HOT collector waveform went from 1200V p-p (with original caps
installed) to 1250 Vp-p. I have put the original cap back in to run the
set for a while so I can measure the HOT temp. then I'll run it with the
0.0051uF and measure the temp.

Is 1200V p-p too high for these JVC's?  I think most TVs are 1050 to
1100V p-p.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984
email: gary (at) number63.ca

George wrote:

> Gary,
>
> Try an .005 for the .0062 to start and then you can go from there just keep
> an eye on the HV rise as you reduce the value to make sure that it remains
> within the limit.
>
> George
> Afana Electronics
> Moreno Valley, CA