[TechAssist] Re: JVC - TV - AV-27050 - Chassis A68 - Shutdown

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:41:58 +0000

Have had 2 JVC's in shutdown or dead or wait a min. then shut down due to a
bad vertical IC (LA7832) as for your other question the LA7830 should let
you fire up the set but, the peak current rating is lower so it is use at
your own risk if the current surges it may go depending on max current. Have
used LA7830 for trial of the LA7832's but would rather use the LA7833 for a
long term sub if I don't have the 32's in stock but they all cross to the
same NTE number . Some of the vertical caps get funny in these sets and
cause retrace. The 2 sets that I rembemer 1 was a bad IC that woul shutdown
after a minute the other had blown a hole in the IC and taken out the 26v
supply off the FBT causing instant shutdown. C926 is also good to change out
on many models as it does or will cause problems.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "Fernand Goguen" <fgoguen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: JVC - TV - AV-27050 - Chassis A68 - Shutdown
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:27:56 -0700

No. The HV would come on for a few seconds and then shut down. I never got
to see if it has a good raster. On some of those JVC's, I have also had to
replace the deflection yoke. If you have another one try and replace it .
FERNAND GOGUEN
GOGUEN TV SERVICE