[TechAssist] JVC AV-32050 lightning damaged

  • From: Bill Boyd <billstvs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 16:40:19 -0500

JVC 32" TV
Model AV-32050

I am in JVC hell with this set.
I ignored the wisdom of this list and took in a
lightning damaged JVC. There was no blown fuses,
burnt traces, or exploded componets. The raw B+
supply was good but the switched mode was not running.
I changed IC901 (STR-F6626), Q912, and IC941 (SE135N).
Then it would click on and off when pluged in.
Changed bad photo coupler PC901.
Then relays would close and switched mode would run when
pluged in. Had 133V on HOT collector but no drive.
Found bad Q923 and IC101 (9V reg).
Had HV but no pic or on/off.
Found bad IC771 (5V reg).
Then had picture, channel and volume buttons worked but
could not turn off.
Found bad Q927 in B+ relay control circuit and Q921 in
degaussing relay control circuit.
Now when plugged in relay clicks once and then nothing.
Switched mode only runs when the relay clicks and there
are no standby voltages.
This is the first JVC with this power supply I have worked on.
If anyone has a schematic they could send me or can explain
this circuit to me, I would appreciate it very much.

TIA
Bill
Bill's TV Service
Sulphur Springs, TX

PS: I tried an NTE3098 for PC901 and only got 120V B+