[TechAssist] Re: JVC - 35" TV HORIZ WIDTH, B+low

  • From: <fremur01@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 10:38:54 -0400

The followups are much appreciated. Initially I checked regulator
IC901 for shorts...none found, measured 164vdc across cap
 C910, just a tad bit high.

Back to the suggestion about Q943, I do suspect problems as transitor
test's showed...0 gain.  Q944 is a digital, testing it also. ESR'
on Cap C926 was good, but I think value has drifted.

Am currently looking for a Q943 replacement. I recall once a tech
mentioned problematic smd's after power surge on JVC's.

Fred
MTS Electronics
fremur01@xxxxxxxxx