[TechAssist] Re: Home made variable DC Power Supply

  • From: "George" <grndmstrg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 08:09:21 -0700

Warren,

That IC is most likely a 723 (Ex: uA723) came in T03 can and DIP and was
made by several semiconductor companies. This IC was popular about 20-25
years ago. Adjustable from 1.2 to 37 volts at about 150-200 ma or so. The
series bypass transistor provides the higher ampere current capacity and has
current limiting. I built several power supplies using this IC with good
results.

George
Afana Electronics
Moreno Valley, CA