[TechAssist] Help with Sony KV27ts36, Blows q601& 602

  • From: "Matt De Young" <gibbys_service@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:11:22 -0500

Replaced the caps, and checked resistors.  Changed the 6.8ohm resistor to
4.7 1/2w.  Now I bring up the AC voltage to 30v(double checked with meter)
and the 135v line is only at about 0.4v.  checked the voltages around the
converter transistors and the voltages are 1/4 of normal I think it should
be.  The part I am worried about is the 135v line, you mention it should be
at 135v when the variac is at 30v AC.  I just am unsure of this, I do not
want to destroy another pair of $18 transistors...

Thanx

 Matt De Young @ Gibbys Electronics
St. Catharines, Ont Canada
gibbys_service@xxxxxxxxx