[TechAssist] Re: Help with Sony KV27ts36, Blows q601& 602

  • From: "GARY" <gchambe3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:47:31 -0500

First, make sure the horiz out did not short again, if it did, replace small
electrolytic in base of horiz driver transistor circuit.
Also many times the small caps in the converter circuit must be changed,
usually marked 224 and 681, six all together.
also make sure the two 82k resistors(in converter circuit) are both in
tolerance,sometimes one will increase in value and off balance the switching
of converter circuit.
to save damage while testing use a variac,start at 0v and slowly increase to
30 v,(while monitoring the 135v)at this point the converter will output
135v.any increase above that means a "no go" so shut it down.
good luck,
GaryCHAMBERS TV
BRADENTON,FL
SINCE 1982