[TechAssist] GE-CTC187CN Dark with retrace

  • From: <southadamstv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:19:20 -0600

I have a 31" GE CTC187CN chassis. I turn it on and the audio is ok, when I turn
up the screen voltage up(because its dark) retrace lines appear with no
lumiance and very little color. All major voltages are on the crt are there but
naturally the cathode voltages are high. Q5003 on crt Composite video (from
generator) not good (base 2.14V emitter 2.10V)looks like stairs with no color
attached. 200+ volt on the collector with no waveform. The tv was worked on
before by someone else, the eeprom is on a mount and the tuner has been
reconditioned. Could I still be looking at an eeprom problem or could the crt
be bad?

Larry J. Kibodeaux
South Adams TV & VCR Repair
216 1/2 South Adams Avenue