[TechAssist] Re: Closing Shop

  • From: "Tel-Tek Electronics" <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 19:10:22 -0500

Bob;
Look at it, more as a beginning of something new, not an ending.
    You have been a light, pointing us to a direction with things that were
not familiar with.
You were, and, presume will be, that "guiding light"..with those nasty
Zenith, and others that you have helped me conquer, and found that with
proper guidance...Zenith was "repairable".
There comes a time...and some sooner than others...to decide that it's time
to "smell the coffee".

    After our discussion a few month ago, and receiving the Paper Manual
from you, mentioning not to bother returning it, you paying Postage, not
asking for anything in return, I knew....Enough already.

    Bob.....I'll be 60 in 03/01/06.
Some days I go to the shop, and suspect I have another 20 years, other days
I enter the shop, and ask...Why did you not quit 20 years ago.

Gary Mc. are you listening?

Bob...I can understand the "tears"...after 40 years....but I
know....Electronics is like smoking....."Just one More".
Hard to separate Life and Electronics, and I don't presume you will be
taking YOUR remote control to Radio Shack and asking them to change YOUR
batteries.

I have to thank you for all you have helped me with, privately and publicly.

I remember one set...I had given up on...and you started to take me from
Basic to asking me specific questions. The set was fixed.

    I believe these things make TechAssist, what it is.

A great group of Tech's...that have been there, done that, and are willing
to share.

We have a good group here...and the bottom line being harder to achieve, or
more hours to get there...remember....

Next Year...

    When that customer brings in his/her $39 DVD, and wants you to let him
know if it's worth repairing.
Be honest, and straight forward with him/her. Just spending the time to ask
for the problem....has exceeded your Bench Rate.

    So....I believe I have covered all bases...being Christmas
Eve...Politics don't have much, especially on this Eve.

I believe this should be on Chat, Jay might make certain concessions.

    To all our Members..

Have a Good One....and whatever you may want to call it....

I have no problem wishing you....................

A Very Merry Christmas

and

A Happy New Year.

Let's make this what it was in 2005...and better in 2006.

-Ed-

"Seasons Greetings"

Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada