[TechAssist] Re: Closing Shop

  • From: wpt19@xxxxxxxxx (Pete)
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 11:29:03 -0500

 Congratulations Ed, Ray and Eric!, you might have  written the feelings
of many of the group!
I  will say like  Bob, with tears in my eyes
I sold my business 2 years ago, stayed there for awhile helping the new
owner running the shop, last November 30 he decided to close the doors
for ever. The last visit to the place to pick up some memories was very
hard for me. At this time I'm working from my garage, don't know for how
long.......

 Pete Perdomo
1268 SW 23rd. St
 Miami, Fl. 33145
305-854-0782, home
786-210-0782, cell

E-mail message

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx(Tel-Tek=A0Electronics) Date: Sat, Dec 24, 2005,
7:10pm To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Closing Shop Reply=A0to:
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bob;
Look at it, more as a beginning of something new, not an ending. =A0 You
have been a light, pointing us to a direction with things that were
not familiar with.
You were, and, presume will be, that "guiding light"..with those nasty
Zenith, and others that you have helped me conquer, and found that with
proper guidance...Zenith was "repairable". There comes a time...and some
sooner than others...to decide that it's time to "smell the coffee".
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0After our discussion a few month ago, and
receiving the Paper Manual from you, mentioning not to bother returning
it, you paying Postage, not asking for anything in return, I
knew....Enough already.
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Bob.....I'll be 60 in 03/01/06.
Some days I go to the shop, and suspect I have another 20 years, other
days I enter the shop, and ask...Why did you not quit 20 years ago.
Gary Mc. are you listening?
Bob...I can understand the "tears"...after 40 years....but I
know....Electronics is like smoking....."Just one More". Hard to
separate Life and Electronics, and I don't presume you will be taking
YOUR remote control to Radio Shack and asking them to change YOUR
batteries.
I have to thank you for all you have helped me with, privately and
publicly.
I remember one set...I had given up on...and you started to take me from
Basic to asking me specific questions. The set was fixed.
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0I believe these things make TechAssist, what it
is.
A great group of Tech's...that have been there, done that, and are
willing to share.
We have a good group here...and the bottom line being harder to achieve,
or more hours to get there...remember....
Next Year...
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0When that customer brings in his/her $39 DVD,
and wants you to let him know if it's worth repairing.
Be honest, and straight forward with him/her. Just spending the time to
ask for the problem....has exceeded your Bench Rate.
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0So....I believe I have covered all bases...being
Christmas Eve...Politics don't have much, especially on this Eve.
I believe this should be on Chat, Jay might make certain concessions.
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0To all our Members..
Have a Good One....and whatever you may want to call it....
I have no problem wishing you....................
A Very Merry Christmas
and
A Happy New Year.
Let's make this what it was in 2005...and better in 2006.

-Ed-
"Seasons Greetings"
Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada