[TechAssist] Re: CTC203 ad5. Error code 23 all three lines

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 00:22:55 +0000

According to sams these are the error codes.
  BTW Sams web site has a sample of the library Evolume that has 2 full
photofacts not just efacts in it
4733 that has RCA CTC203AA (Plus AA5 upto AA9) and 4737 Sanyo DS25520
   CTC203AA has a gemstar module.

Err Error or Code
DEC HEX Err Error or Location Condition Indicated
0 00 No error code -
1 01 16.0V fault 16.0V STBY source is failing.
3 03 12.0V run fault 12.0V source is failing.
4 04 T4 Chip Run supply failed.
8 08 T4 Chip X-ray protection caused high voltage shutdown.
9 09 T4 Chip (POR) Power supply problem at (POR) power on reset.
10 0A F2 PIP module error (POR) Power supply problem at (POR) power on
reset/PIP.
11 0B Stereo decoder (POR) Power supply problem at reset/Stereo decoder.
16 10 Run IIC Bus held low Run IIC clock or data held low.
18 12 Standby IIC Bus held low Standby IIC clock or data held low.
23 17 Gemstar 4 Board Guide fatal error on set using Gemstar 4 Board.
24 18 Gemstar 4 Board Watchdog error on set using Gemstar 4 Board.
25 19 Gemstar 4 Board Task monitor error on set using Gemstar 4 Board.
26 1A Gemstar 4 Board Task monitor error on set using Gemstar 4 Board.
32 20 Gemstar 4 Board CPU error on set using Gemstar 4 Board.
34 22 Gemstar 4 Board Gemstar fails to acknowledge.
44 2C F2 PIP module error F2PIP fails to acknowledge.
102 66 Octal DAC Octal DAC fails to acknowledge.
128 80 Stereo decoder Stereo decoder fails to acknowledge.
160 A0 Main or PIP tuner EEPROM Main or PIP tuner EEPROM fails to
acknowledge.
186 BA T4 Chip T4 Chip fails to acknowledge.
196 C4 Main tuner PLL/DAC Main tuner PLL IC fails to acknowledge.
198 C6 Main tuner PLL/DAC Main tuner DAC IC fails to acknowledge.
ERR ERROR OR CODES
If certain failures occur, the matching error codes will be stored in the
EEPROM. These error codes will be displayed in parameters 1, 2, and 3. The
first
failure error code will be stored at parameter 1 and the second failure
error code will be stored at parameter 2. Parameter 3 will be updated to
display the
most recent failure occurred in the chassis. If a failure of a bus IC
occurred, the normal acknowledgment checking of that bus will be disabled in
the
service mode and the address of that IC which failed will be stored in one
of the error code parameters. After every repair is done to the chassis it
is
recommended to check the error code parameters, and reset them back to value
0.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "Ron Miller d.b.a. Country TV" <rlmbkm@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: CTC203 ad5. Error code 23 all three lines
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:33:14 -0500

This one does not have PIP on comb filter,have changed the "T" chip LA7612n.
Country TV
Ron Miller
Inez, TX. 77968