[TechAssist] Mitsubishi CK-2690R

  • From: "Teltek3" <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 20:10:44 -0400

Just need some refreshing on this old dog. You guys remember this set with the
Signal Chassis on the right and Power Supply/Deflection on the left. The one
with the 2 Regulators were the caps go bad, and one of the symptoms on these
was Snow, and after turning it on you could not turn it off, without pulling
the plug.(resistor that burns up on the Signal Board, with the little sleeve
wrapped around it)
    Has the strange tuning system with Read/Write in the little pop out drawer.
Anyway, I went on a call tonight on this. After the Power outage last night it
will not lock onto the Channels. I can manually tune each one, but when I go
back to it, it's off Channel. Also noticed, if I Turn off Master, when I turn
it on again, volume is full blast.. I don't recall that this set ever had an
eeprom, 1987 Vintage. Does anyone have anything in their database that covers
this.
    There may be something in Winstips that covers this, but I am at home, and
do not yet have it installed on my home computer.
    I might mention that about 6 month ago I redid all the caps in the Power
Supply. It's my Old Music Teacher from H/S...and he's in love with the Cabinet,
need I say more..;-)
-Ed-
Ed Gaidies
Tel-Tek Electronics