[TechAssist] CTC187CL3 blows Horz. output tr

  • From: "junior hurdle" <jselectronics@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 02:41:12 -0400

Hi techs
I replaced the FBT , the hot (BUH517) and C709 (47mf @ 25V) in this ctc-187CL3
rca.
Before I could adjust the screen and focus the HOT shorted out again. I
replaced the
HOT again to see if it was heating rapidly. After 30 seconds I checked the
transistor
and found it to be very hot . I plugged the set in again and before I could
turn it on the
HOT shorted out again. I checked all components in the horz.circuit as well as
the
signal going to the horz. output but they all checked ok.
could any one tell me what could be causing this transistor to keep shorting?
thank you .
junior Hurdle
Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org