[TechAssist] Re: CTC169AB No Model # shutdown

  • From: Jorge Camboni <geo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:20:53 -0500

You  may have bad cap/s around the horizontal output,
especially the high voltage one at the HOT's collector.
(.015 X 1.6kv or similar)
As for the HOTs you have a wide choice, if you want
to use the original, and have only one just keep it.
2SD1885/86/87 will be perfectly adequate. Even
2SD1880/81 will work fine despite the original being
a damper-less 1885. So you can blow some more
with confidence (I would leave yoke connected
if I were you)
HTH Jorge

At 02:59 p.m. 15/08/03 -0400, you wrote:
>This came in with the HOT shorted. Replaced HOT with OEM and Damper diode
>replaced caps in power supply. Standby voltage is correct. When power
>button pushed high voltage starts to come up but stops at 5K, Regulated B+
>is ok. Now here's what I tried. I took the horizontal yoke plug off and
>high voltage came right up, then shut off then right up again, then poof
>went the HOT.My question is by pulling the yoke did I Change the timing
>for the HOT enough for it to run without shutting down or do I have a bad
>yoke? Yoke rings 17 rings GOOD. Fly rings 27 rings GOOD. I don't have
>another HOT so I have to find the answer.
>al marquardt
>ampm@xxxxxxx
>Al Marquardt Electronic Repair
>206 W Main
>Girardville Pa. 17935
>Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
>http://sell.tech-assist.org
>The Tech Address Book:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.htm
>Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.htm
>Lost Password:
>http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your Login Info?".
>Email Archives:

Jorge Camboni, GY Electronics, Richardson, TX

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org