[TechAssist] CTC169AB No Model # shutdown

  • From: "al m" <ampm@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 14:59:36 -0400

This came in with the HOT shorted. Replaced HOT with OEM and Damper diode
replaced caps in power supply. Standby voltage is correct. When power button
pushed high voltage starts to come up but stops at 5K, Regulated B+ is ok. Now
here's what I tried. I took the horizontal yoke plug off and high voltage came
right up, then shut off then right up again, then poof went the HOT.My question
is by pulling the yoke did I Change the timing for the HOT enough for it to run
without shutting down or do I have a bad yoke? Yoke rings 17 rings GOOD. Fly
rings 27 rings GOOD. I don't have another HOT so I have to find the answer.
al marquardt
ampm@xxxxxxx
Al Marquardt Electronic Repair
206 W Main