[TechAssist] Re: Bummer in the boneyard

  • From: "William Rayburn" <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 11:59:24 -0700

Just an update here...  This morning JVC research did come through.  I got a 7
page fax with
two pages of diagrams and 5 pages of parts list.  Took them about 10 days.  I
located the
part and ordered it, $28.00 dollars, all said and done.  I was getting several
like one from Tritronics, that said "
Due to the age of this model the research information and/or replacement parts
that you
requested are no longer available."
You're right Jim about the boneyard junkers.  Often times it's something that
you should
just replace new anyway and that saves on call-backs or re-works.  I used to
keep a much
larger collection than I do these days and I too have broken it down to known
good modules
or parts and just a few rare mechanical things.
Bill

William H. Rayburn, CET
NESDA Member
Premium Technologies