[TechAssist] Re: BIG 35" TV pick ups?

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 07:49:05 -0500

Do you have a PTV setup at shop for video intermittants.....Got one PTV,
takes 4 hours to fail....that's after 2 months of failing once, just once.
It finally is consistant.....after 4 hours.

And it's a 65" Sony, my van can handle about 50-55 inchs at most. I don't
think a Super Cargo sized van has doors wide enough to accept this sized tv
laying down on face or upright -would require 2 people or 3.....

Video problems,  coupled with intermittants are the worst to troubleshoot
without CRTs, and pulling the CRTS from a set.....without them you can't
keep the set alive---vert shutdown..

Would be nice to create a single tube test jig that you can connect all
yoke/HV connections to.

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronic Services
Ft Wayne, IN 46815