[TechAssist] Re: Analog TV Broadcasts Will Stop in: xxxxxx ?

  • From: Tel-Tek <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 09:06:09 -0400

I agree Jason. Just another charge the Cable Company can add to your bill.
Maybe by that time the phone companies will be competing for that
(signal)market with Fiber optics, and a little competition is always healthy
for the consumer.

-Ed-
--
Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada

teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx
teltek@xxxxxxxxx

> From: "Moutons Electronics L.L.C." <moutons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 12:47:30 -0500
> To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Analog TV Broadcasts Will Stop in: xxxxxx ?
>
> It doesn't seem that the it would be in the interest of the cable company to
> conver the digital to analog and put it in there pipe. If they get rid of it
> they will have much more band width to do things they can charge for like
> "on demand" vewing. Speaking of charging, they will not miss the opportunity
> to charge the consumer a fee for every box they can put on every analog tv
> out there since there would be no more analog. Do you really think they will
> miss the chance to charge you and blam it on everyone else but them for the
> charges. I think not, unless the FCC requires them to do so I believe they
> will be glad to shut the analog off especially since there have been reports
> that when this will happen there will be a receiver for approx $50 which
> case there may be a possible credit you can take for some of us on our tax
> filing.
>
> It does't seem there is a reason to keep any part of it on, it is just the
> matter of what will the official date be. It doesn't mean that it is right,
> it is just what I believe will be the outcome.
>
> Jason
> Moutons Electronics

>>> TechAssist