[TechAssist] Re: Akai cassette deck model CS-M4 no audio out, schematic required

  • From: Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 14:33:47 -0400

Neal and all, thanks for the replies. I was able to solve this one. FR4,
a 6.8 ohm 1/4 W fusible resistor was open. This resistor is located on
the collector of TR 10, 2SD794 in the power supply area. I didn't find
it at first because I was measuring voltage drop across all the low
value resistors and this one did have an approximate voltage drop that I
would expect to see across it, so I didn't suspect it to be open. Only
later when I had an ohm meter in the area did I notice it to be open.
Whats worse and I don't know if I should even admit this to the list, is
that the customer brought in the instruction book with the unit and I
had shelved it with the top cover so I forgot about it. When I went to
install the top cover, guess what I found inside the instruction manual?
The schematic. Figures. So if anyone ever gets paperwork come in with a
repair, look through it for a schematic.

The collector of the TR-1's now measure 3.0V rather than the 1.6V when
it wasn't working.

 Gary McCartney

 McCartney Electronics
 7134 Fife Rd, RR 7