[TechAssist] Akai cassette deck model CS-M4 no audio out, schematic required

  • From: Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 11:59:36 -0400

This Akai cassette deck model CS-M4 has no audio output. With a signal
tracer, I only get audio into the emitter of the first transistor after
the tape head, which is TR-1 (one TR-1 transistor for each channel). The
B+ on the TR-1 transistors collectors is only 1.6V so I am suspecting my
B+ is being pulled down somewhere. I've replaced the TR-1 transistors.
I've cleaned the internal rec/ play switch and tested the continuity of
it's contacts which all checks ok. The circuit is too hard to follow on
the pcb so I need a schematic to fix this one.

Thanks for any help.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7