[TechAssist] Re: 20" RCA CTC175A Herring bone picture

  • From: "Mouton's Electronics" <moutons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:04:44 -0500

I have seen something like this 3 or 4 times. Look near the T-chip U1001.
There is an obscure adjustable coil L2302 it is the VCO tank coil. Just rock
it and see if it cures your problem. I have been noticing many lately as
these sets get older the coil seems to be drifting.  If I remember correctly
most of the time the sound with the set is ok but the pic look sort of like
herring bone.

Hope this helps

Jason
Mouton' s Electronics