[TCUG] Re: Tall Poles

  • From: R.J.Perry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 12:57:12 +0000

All

As a further enquiry on this topic has anyone managed to find an IP65
enclosure to fit inside a standard 114mm diameter signal pole with a side
access door to remove the need for a top cap ?

I have seen traffic signal poles with a side access door where the
terminals are exposed to the damp environment inside a pole and wondered
if this had been overcome with an IP65 enclosure?.

Comments from manufacturers as well as users welcome.

Don't forget that wide based poles over a certain diameter will have to be
set back off the edge of the carriageway.

Regards
Rob Perry

Senior Engineer, Traffic Control and Systems
Dorset Engineering Consultancy, Dorset County Council
Pullman Court,  Station Approach, Dorchester DT1 1GA

Tel   01305 225357           Fax  01305 225301

"Matthew Smith" <MASmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: tcug-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
22/11/2007 10:30
Please respond to
tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[TCUG] Tall Poles

At site where we use tall poles I have previously used a small terminal
pillar situated near to the base of the pole to terminate LV and ELV
supplies at ground level.  As this adds to our stock of street furniture
I would like to try and utilise an enlarged base pole for the job.  My
problem is that I cannot find suitable poles which have enough space to
accommodate the waterproof enclosures separating the LV / ELV supplies
that our maintenance contractor insists upon.
I have seen enlarged base poles in other areas that presumably get
around this [problem?], some of which have two doors in the base.

Can anyone either suggest a supplier or describe how they make off their
connections (at ground level) to meet all the relevant standards without
using another term cabinet.

Thanks.

Matt Smith. Assistant Engineer
Engineering Design | Traffic Signals
Leicestershire Highways

Masmith(AT)leics.gov.uk

Leicestershire County Council - rated a  'four-star' council by the Audit
Commission

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient, any reading, printing, storage, disclosure,
copying or any other action taken in respect of this e-mail is prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender immediately by using the reply function and then permanently
delete what you have received.

Incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are routinely monitored for
compliance with Leicestershire County Council's policy on the use of
electronic communications.   The contents of e-mails may have to be
disclosed to a request under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom
of Information Act 2000.

The views expressed by the author may not necessarily reflect the views or
policies of the Leicestershire County Council.

Attachments to e-mail messages may contain viruses that may damage your
system. Whilst Leicestershire County Council has taken every reasonable
precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept any liability for any
damage which you sustain as a result of these factors. You are advised to
carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.

Scanned by MailDefender - managed email security from intY -
www.maildefender.net