[TCUG] Tall Poles

  • From: "Matthew Smith" <MASmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:30:31 -0000

At site where we use tall poles I have previously used a small terminal
pillar situated near to the base of the pole to terminate LV and ELV
supplies at ground level.  As this adds to our stock of street furniture
I would like to try and utilise an enlarged base pole for the job.  My
problem is that I cannot find suitable poles which have enough space to
accommodate the waterproof enclosures separating the LV / ELV supplies
that our maintenance contractor insists upon.
I have seen enlarged base poles in other areas that presumably get
around this [problem?], some of which have two doors in the base.

Can anyone either suggest a supplier or describe how they make off their
connections (at ground level) to meet all the relevant standards without
using another term cabinet.

Thanks.

Matt Smith. Assistant Engineer
Engineering Design | Traffic Signals
Leicestershire Highways

Masmith(AT)leics.gov.uk

Leicestershire County Council - rated a  'four-star' council by the Audit
Commission

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you are not
the intended recipient, any reading, printing, storage, disclosure, copying or
any other action taken in respect of this e-mail is prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately by using the reply function and then permanently delete what you
have received.

Incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are routinely monitored for compliance
with Leicestershire County Council's policy on the use of electronic
communications.   The contents of e-mails may have to be disclosed to a request
under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

The views expressed by the author may not necessarily reflect the views or
policies of the Leicestershire County Council.

Attachments to e-mail messages may contain viruses that may damage your system.
Whilst Leicestershire County Council has taken every reasonable precaution to
minimise this risk, we cannot accept any liability for any damage which you
sustain as a result of these factors. You are advised to carry out your own
virus checks before opening any attachment.