[TCUG] Re: LED heads with RLMU's

  • From: "Kinnaird, Dave" <D.Kinnaird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:07:38 +0100

Terry, I have used all the major suppliers and experienced problems with all
although they all now say these issues have been resolved. Siemens main
problem was total aspect failure, although the lamp monitoring works ok.
Peeks main problem was spurious lamp failures although the reliability of
the LED's is OK. Microsense, some led string failures but lamp monitoring is
a nightmare and we still haven't resolved whilst using with peek
controllers.
You also need to be aware of which controllers work with which manufacturers
signals.
We have used retrofit led's supplied by Techmiracle working with a ST800 and
the only problem we have experienced is blowing of their LCU that was traced
back to faulty signal cabling, no problems since cable was replaced. They
also employ a central light source so you don't have the string failure
problem (Siemens now going this way to.) Only thing I am not to fussed on is
their aluminium head as it is not modular although they tell me they are due
to bring one out soon.
Regards

Dave