[tccrockets] Re: Laundry list of things to consider for the equipment trailer

  • From: David Weinshenker <daze39@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 13:55:05 -0800

R Dierking wrote:
> TrailerSim; LOL.  Anyway, even if it was wrong,
> you could launch it for the Science Channel at LDRS.  :-)
> 10% on the hitch sounds right. When we were
> rearranging the ROC trailer at a party last year,
> Jim Wold (a big guy) was walking from the front
> of the trailer to the back and the front of the
> trailer started coming off the ground.  This was
> our clue that something was not right!

Yeah, if he could get all the way to the back and it still
left a bit of weight on the tongue (but unloaded it just
enough that a skinny guy like me could lift it up to hitch
it to the car), that's probably closer to optimum. If the
front started lifting up as he passed the axle, that was
loaded a bit too tail-heavy.

-dave w