[tcb] Re: engine to body

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 19:52:58 -0700 (PDT)

On a bus the engine seal is supposed to be in three pieces.  One for each side
between the body and the cylinder shrouds and the other between the rear breast
plate and the rear apron.  The part that goes on the apron normally has some
curve to it when it comes new.  They don't make these things in three pieces.
Only one long piece that you cut to length for each of the three installations;
one left, one right and one on the apron.

  This of course only applies to upright engines.  Not on the later flat type 4
or whatever.

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      .hmmessage P  {  margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;  FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    i managed to get mine in as one
piece on the body one and on the apron one...what are ya'll talking about
cutting? and where? is it shaped like an O or a U

---------------------------------
  From: evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: engine to body
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 18:55:22 -0500
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

      .ExternalClass DIV  {;}    Yes and cut where it meets the apron.

---------------------------------
From: ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx>
  Sorry Duncan another VW question?

I purchased a new engine to body seal from WW.
http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=111813705a

It is a U shaped piece that extends from the rear of the engine tin to both the
left and right side of the bus.  Should this be one piece or should I cut it so
that I can remove metal (under the deck lid) with out removing the entire seal?
 Hopefully this makes sense.

Jeff

  Get Free (PRODUCT) RED? Emoticons, Winks and Display Pics. Check it out!