[tcb] Re: engine to body

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 21:25:13 -0500

i managed to get mine in as one piece on the body one and on the apron
one...what are ya'll talking about cutting? and where? is it shaped like an O
or a U

From: evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [tcb] Re: engine to bodyDate: Tue,
6 May 2008 18:55:22 -0500To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes and cut where it meets the apron.

From: ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx>Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 3:08 PMTo:
tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [tcb] Re: engine to body
So I should install it complete.

----- Original Message ----From: Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>To:
tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Tuesday, May 6, 2008 2:53:50 PMSubject: [tcb] Re: engine
to body

It was at the factory as well otherwise you'd never get it in the channel in
the apron.
-----Original Message-----From: mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: May 6, 2008 2:40
PMTo: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [tcb] Re: engine to body
Most people cut it to make it simple to remove the rear apron. It originally
was not cut and was removed when the apron was removed.

-------------- Original message --------------From: ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx>
Sorry Duncan another VW question?I purchased a new engine to body seal from WW.
  http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=111813705aIt is a U
shaped piece that extends from the rear of the engine tin to both the left and
right side of the bus.  Should this be one piece or should I cut it so that I
can remove metal (under the deck lid) with out removing the entire seal?
Hopefully this makes sense.
 Jeff

now.[The entire original message is not included]
Get Free (PRODUCT) RED™  Emoticons, Winks and Display Pics.