[tcb] Re: bay gas tank

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 15:59:38 -0800 (PST)

Dang Denis; why didn't you think of that when we were at Chucks?  Or do you
still have the engine out?  Assuming the engine is out it isn't too much
trouble.  Just a bit of a tight fit.  And yes the engine has to be out.  Just
use longer mount bolts on the tank straps to make the old ones the correct fit,
 Also,some people cut the filler neck and use a flex tube to piece the two old
pieces back together. Toughest part is squezing the new tank in in the limited
space available.

Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
          If I was to go the trouble of swapping out my Splitty tank for a Bay
(to get the extra 5 gallons), how much trouble is it? What one thing leads to
another until I am pulling my hair out?