[tcb] Re: bad news about hershey

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:21:42 -0500

thanks for thinking about me but i have a guy here that is going to give me one
of his. that is if i don't tap and reuse mine...carb is still in great shape
just has a hole on the side where a fuel line is supposed to be.

i'm still eyeballing another friends progressive so i might see this as being
the opportunity to put the altenator on that i have and a progressive carb to
go with the merged exhaust...that should free up a bit more power too.

lots of opportunities this fire has caused. (that sounded a bit like yoga or
whatever that gremlin was named)

----------------------------------------> From: treyjung@xxxxxxxxxxx> To:
tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [tcb] Re: bad news about hershey> Date: Wed, 10 Oct
2007 11:17:11 -0500>> I have a 34 carb somewhere ..... I'll look for it
tonight.... if you still> want to use a pict 34... let me know..>> Trey> -----
Original Message -----> From: "Brian Denning" > To: > Sent: Wednesday, October
10, 2007 11:14 AM> Subject: [tcb] Re: bad news about hershey>>>>
HA!!!!!>>>>>>>> no, i was never really "planning" on going but now i have a
viable excuse.> :) i purposly set my bus on fire just so it wouldn't have to
leave the state>>> the truth comes out. :P>>
----------------------------------------> From: treyjung@xxxxxxxxxxx> To:>
tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [tcb] Re: bad news about hershey> Date: Wed, 10>
Oct 2007 11:12:36 -0500>> r u going to TP4 ?>> Trey> ----- Original> Message
-----> From: "Brian Denning"> To:> Sent: Wednesday, October 10,> 2007 11:07 AM>
Subject: [tcb] Re: bad news about hershey>>>> use clamps???> use more clamps is
more like it and lots of jb weld...well, it> was time to> replace lines anyway
so like i said on the samba this is just> going to> speed up the process of
repainting the engine bay and replacing all> the> hosery.>>
----------------------------------------> Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007>> 12:00:43
-0400> From: evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To:> tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Subject:
[tcb] Re: bad news about hershey>> The bus I> mentioned had dual> DRLA 36s..
brand new less than 500 miles on them. It can> be worse with dual> carbs since
you have twice> the fuel capacity in the> fuel bowls to keep the> engine
running while gas sprays all over the engine> compartment. The best> solution>
is to fix the pipes on the stock setups and> change the lines> regularly.>>
Also use clamps.>>> -----Original> Message----->>From: Brian> Denning>>Sent:
Oct 10, 2007 11:34 AM>>To:> tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>Subject: [tcb]> Re: bad news
about hershey>>>>>>i told> chad that the answer to the solution> was dual
carbs...never hear about a> bus burning with dual>
carbs.>>>>________________________________> Date:> Wed, 10 Oct 2007> 11:29:44
-0400> From: evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To:> tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Subject:
[tcb] Re: bad news about hershey>> A toasted> one.> Actually, Brian,> The pipe
coming out of the carb and the fuel pump> (earlier models) is a big> issue. See
the Archives for how to fix it.> My> Step Dad, RIP, lost a bus> when the fuel
pump pipe blew out on the pressure> side. Sprayed fuel all over> the engine
compartment and> *poof*> -----Original Message-----> From: Trey> Jung> Sent:
Oct 10, 2007> 11:05 AM> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [tcb] Re:> bad news
about hershey>> what kind of carb is it?> ----- Original> Message -----> From:
Brian> Denning> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Wednesday,> October 10, 2007 6:44
AM>> Subject: [tcb] Re: bad news about hershey> the> brass nipple that goes>
intothe carb broke out and since i was coasting the> bus in gear gas was>
spraying everywhere...gas landed on the fuel filter> causing it to catch> fire
too so then gas was spraying before the pump and> after the> pump...retap teh
carb fix the wiring and i'll be back on the road> in a> week.>
________________________________> Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007>> 19:27:16 -0700> From:
james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: [tcb] Re: bad> news> about hershey> To:
tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Ouch, that really sucks! Any> idea what> caused it yet?>
James> Brian Denning wrote:> so i was trucking> along on the> interstate going
to the local pick and pull to get some parts> for diana's> car. bus was running
great, next thing i know it started> missing a bit. so i> moved over to the
slow lane, i started to smell gas so> i slowly start moving> over to the
shoulder and next thing i know the bus> dies...i jerk it over> onto the
shoulder (coasting in 4th) look in my> rearview mirror and see> nothing but
blue smoke...blue smoke then turns to> black so i grab the fire> extinguisher
and i run to the back bus is boiling> smoke. i go to open the> deck lid...deck
lid is stuck so i shoot fire> extinguisher stuff down the> fresh air vent on
the side of the bus run to> the other side get in the> currently burning bus
and dig out a screwdriver> pry open the decklid still> can't get it open so i
pry up the corner of the> lid and shoot inside the> corner...finally i get the
lid open the> compartment is still on fire in some> spots, mainly wiring so i
shoot the> remaining stuff in there and get it> out...now i call 911...tell
them i am> on fire...then i notice gas is spewing> everywhere so i pinch the
line to> hold it and sit there for like 10 minutes,> finally i call 911 back
and tell> them gas is spraying everywhere but i got> the fire out. the 911 lady
tells> me i need to calm down...i told her my shit> was just on fire and now
gas is> spraying everywhere unless i pinch the line> which is hot. she put me
on> hold then said they're on there way...i told her> to tell them to take
there> time cause it's out...finally the fire truck> shows up and we get the
line> stopped and i get the bus home.> here are the> pics:>>>
http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n256/i_am_cool_fred/?action=view¤t=P1010007.jpg>>>

http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n256/i_am_cool_fred/?action=view¤t=P1010015-1.jpg>>>
 and i have to give this guy some credit cause he just saved hershey's>
life:>>>
http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n256/i_am_cool_fred/?action=view¤t=P1010019.jpg>>>
 ________________________________> From: i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> To:>>
tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [tcb] bad news about hershey> Date: Tue, 9 Oct>>
2007 19:40:38 -0500> i will post pics and give a f ull story later on>> tonight
but it's bad> ________________________________> Help yourself to>> FREE treats
served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by today!>>>
________________________________> Boo! Scare away worms, viruses and so> much>
more! Try Windows Live OneCare! Try now!>> ________________________________>>
Tonight's top picks. What will you watch> tonight? Preview the hottest shows>
on Yahoo! TV.>> ________________________________> Help yourself to FREE> treats
served up> daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by>>
today!>>>>_________________________________________________________________>>Help>>
 yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by>>
today.>>http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff2.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_OctWLtagline>>>>>
yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by>>
today.>>
http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff2.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_OctWLtagline>>>>>
Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook – together at last. Get it> now.>
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx?pid=CL100626971033>>>

Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word scramble
challenge with star power.