[tcb] Re: bad news about hershey

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:34:49 -0500

i told chad that the answer to the solution was dual carbs...never hear about a
bus burning with dual carbs.

________________________________> Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:29:44 -0400> From:
evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [tcb] Re: bad
news about hershey>> A toasted one.> Actually, Brian, The pipe coming out of
the carb and the fuel pump (earlier models) is a big issue. See the Archives
for how to fix it.> My Step Dad, RIP, lost a bus when the fuel pump pipe blew
out on the pressure side. Sprayed fuel all over the engine compartment and
*poof*> -----Original Message-----> From: Trey Jung> Sent: Oct 10, 2007 11:05
AM> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [tcb] Re: bad news about hershey> what kind
of carb is it?> ----- Original Message -----> From: Brian Denning> To:
tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 6:44 AM> Subject: [tcb]
Re: bad news about hershey> the brass nipple that goes intothe carb broke out
and since i was coasting the bus in gear gas was spraying everywhere...gas
landed on the fuel filter causing it to catch fire too so then gas was spraying
before the pump and after the pump...retap teh carb fix the wiring and i'll be
back on the road in a week.> ________________________________> Date: Tue, 9 Oct
2007 19:27:16 -0700> From: james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: [tcb] Re: bad
news about hershey> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Ouch, that really sucks! Any idea
what caused it yet?> James> Brian Denning wrote:> so i was trucking along on
the interstate going to the local pick and pull to get some parts for diana's
car. bus was running great, next thing i know it started missing a bit. so i
moved over to the slow lane, i started to smell gas so i slowly start moving
over to the shoulder and next thing i know the bus dies...i jerk it over onto
the shoulder (coasting in 4th) look in my rearview mirror and see nothing but
blue smoke...blue smoke then turns to black so i grab the fire extinguisher and
i run to the back bus is boiling smoke. i go to open the deck lid...deck lid is
stuck so i shoot fire extinguisher stuff down the fresh air vent on the side of
the bus run to the other side get in the currently burning bus and dig out a
screwdriver pry open the decklid still can't get it open so i pry up the corner
of the lid and shoot inside the corner...finally i get the lid open the
compartment is still on fire in some spots, mainly wiring so i shoot the
remaining stuff in there and get it out...now i call 911...tell them i am on
fire...then i notice gas is spewing everywhere so i pinch the line to hold it
and sit there for like 10 minutes, finally i call 911 back and tell them gas is
spraying everywhere but i got the fire out. the 911 lady tells me i need to
calm down...i told her my shit was just on fire and now gas is spraying
everywhere unless i pinch the line which is hot. she put me on hold then said
they're on there way...i told her to tell them to take there time cause it's
out...finally the fire truck shows up and we get the line stopped and i get the
bus home.> here are the pics:>
http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n256/i_am_cool_fred/?action=view¤t=P1010007.jpg>

http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n256/i_am_cool_fred/?action=view¤t=P1010015-1.jpg>
 and i have to give this guy some credit cause he just saved hershey's life:>
http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n256/i_am_cool_fred/?action=view¤t=P1010019.jpg>
 ________________________________> From: i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> To:
tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [tcb] bad news about hershey> Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007
19:40:38 -0500> i will post pics and give a f ull story later on tonight but
it's bad> ________________________________> Help yourself to FREE treats served
up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by today!>
________________________________> Boo! Scare away worms, viruses and so much
more! Try Windows Live OneCare! Try now!> ________________________________>
Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight? Preview the hottest shows on
Yahoo! TV.> ________________________________> Help yourself to FREE treats