[tcb] Re: VW -1, Human 0

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 15:29:51 -0700 (PDT)

To my knowledge all the 1500 split window busses came standard equipment with a
governor.  It fits between the carb and the intake manifold and limits the
revs,
works just like most governors.  It essentially shuts the engine down when you
have approached the rev limit.  Not sure what the factory setting was and they
are adjustable.  They were also an M code option on earlier busses.  It is easy
to turn a 36 or 40 horse bus up to 6000rpms by standing on it in 1st, 2nd or
3rd
gear.  Pay attention to those shift points on the speedometer.